Sunny Ho, who had been in the Intensive Care Unit at Highland Hospital in Oakland since sustaining a serious brain injury in a spill on March 2, was moved from the ICU Friday.
"Mr. Ho has made a monumental step in his recovery as he is now out of ICU," said Dr. David Seftel, track physician at Golden Gate Fields. "He's out of the restraints, under no sedation, and conversational. He didn't pass a swallow test Thursday so he has a feeding tube going directly in his stomach.
"His neurological progression has improved," continued Seftel. "He still has minimum movement on the his right side, but his right eye is moving better which shows improvement is still being made. He'll eventually be transferred to California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, which is where he'll have his physical therapy."
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones