Sunny Ho, who had been in the Intensive Care Unit at Highland Hospital in Oakland since sustaining a serious brain injury in a spill on March 2, was moved from the ICU Friday.
"Mr. Ho has made a monumental step in his recovery as he is now out of ICU," said Dr. David Seftel, track physician at Golden Gate Fields. "He's out of the restraints, under no sedation, and conversational. He didn't pass a swallow test Thursday so he has a feeding tube going directly in his stomach.
"His neurological progression has improved," continued Seftel. "He still has minimum movement on the his right side, but his right eye is moving better which shows improvement is still being made. He'll eventually be transferred to California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, which is where he'll have his physical therapy."
Most Popular Stories
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck