TVG kicks off eight months of live coverage of racing from England when it presents next week's Cheltenham Festival. Coverage will continue through the end of August with specific tracks, meets and races to be announced. TVG account holders will be able to wager on the races.
"English racing is among the best in the world," said Tony Allevato, TVG's executive producer. "Many of the top horses have been bred in the U.S., and the leading trainers and jockeys are well known to our audience."
The Cheltenham Festival offers four days of the best steeplechase and hurdles racing in the world with more than 400 horses competing for more than $4.5 million in purses. Action begins Tuesday and continues through Friday.
TVG will televise four races on Tuesday and six Wednesday through Friday, beginning at 9 a.m. ET. The showcase races are:
Tuesday – Smurfit Champion Hurdle
Wednesday – Queen Mother Champion Chase
Thursday – Ladbrokes World Hurdle
Friday – Cheltenham Gold Cup
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses