Artie Schiller, winner of the 2005 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), and Better Talk Now, winner of the 2004 John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), as well as former winners America Alive and Honor In War are among 128 nominees to the 20th running of the $400,000-added Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs. The 1 1/8-mile grass race for 3-year-olds and up will be run on May 6, Kentucky Derby day. A victory by America Alive or Honor In War would make either horse the first two-time winner of the race.
Other Woodford Reserve Turf Classic nominees include: Host, King's Drama, Shakespeare, Balto Star, Fourty Niners Son, Sweet Return, Gun Salute, Good Reward, Prince Arch, The Tin Man, Brass Hat, Perfect Drift, Andromeda's Hero, and Sun King.
Most Popular Stories
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck