Artie Schiller, winner of the 2005 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), and Better Talk Now, winner of the 2004 John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), as well as former winners America Alive and Honor In War are among 128 nominees to the 20th running of the $400,000-added Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs. The 1 1/8-mile grass race for 3-year-olds and up will be run on May 6, Kentucky Derby day. A victory by America Alive or Honor In War would make either horse the first two-time winner of the race.
Other Woodford Reserve Turf Classic nominees include: Host, King's Drama, Shakespeare, Balto Star, Fourty Niners Son, Sweet Return, Gun Salute, Good Reward, Prince Arch, The Tin Man, Brass Hat, Perfect Drift, Andromeda's Hero, and Sun King.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail