the New Jersey Sports Writers Association. A newspaper journalist for 26 years before joining Pimlico, Siciliano spent 10 years with the New York Herald Tribune. He also held editorial or reporting positions with the Morning Telegraph and several other publications. During the 1940s, Siciliano was sports editor of the Asbury Park (N.J.) Press.Siciliano was a Navy war correspondent aboard the USS San Francisco in the Pacific during World War II and covered the Philippines air-sea action, the invasion of Okinawa, and the Yellow Sea operation. Siciliano is survived by his wife, Emilia, who is mayor of Shrewsbury, N.J., and two daughters.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?