The American Horse Council's "2006 Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook" is now available. The handbook was written by Thomas A. Davis, who has been the American Horse Council's tax counsel for over 25 years and is a nationally- recognized authority on equine tax laws.
"There is an old saying that in life there are only two things you can count on, death and taxes," said Jay Hickey, president of the American Horse Council. "The Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook is the most comprehensive tax publication available. It covers every aspect of tax law applicable to horse owners and breeders, including business vs. hobby requirements, forms of doing business, sales and exchanges, and passive loss rules, just to name a few."
The 2006 Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook is available for $85.00, plus $4.50 shipping and handling. Phone orders are taken between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Eastern) at the AHC Offices at 202-296-4031 or at the AHC Web site, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail