The American Horse Council's "2006 Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook" is now available. The handbook was written by Thomas A. Davis, who has been the American Horse Council's tax counsel for over 25 years and is a nationally- recognized authority on equine tax laws.
"There is an old saying that in life there are only two things you can count on, death and taxes," said Jay Hickey, president of the American Horse Council. "The Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook is the most comprehensive tax publication available. It covers every aspect of tax law applicable to horse owners and breeders, including business vs. hobby requirements, forms of doing business, sales and exchanges, and passive loss rules, just to name a few."
The 2006 Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook is available for $85.00, plus $4.50 shipping and handling. Phone orders are taken between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Eastern) at the AHC Offices at 202-296-4031 or at the AHC Web site, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run