Seam Seeker took command from pacesetter Cinderella Liberty coming into the stretch and went on to score a two-length victory over Crystal Event in the $75,000 Burlingame Handicap at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Ridden by Joey Castro, Seam Seeker won the one-mile contest for 3-year-old fillies in 1:35.81 on a track rated wet-fast.
Seam Seeker, a California-bred daughter of Bertrando, is trained by Ed Moger Jr. and owned by Rancho Santiago. The Burlingame is the first stakes victory for Seam Seeker, who has three wins, a second, and a third in six career starts.
Seam Seeker was the fourth choice in the wagering and paid $9.60 to win. Purchased as a yearling for $38,000, Seam Seeker earned $41,250 for the Burlingame victory and has made $104,235 in her six races.
The Jeff Mullins-conditioned Make Mine Minnie, the 3-to-2 favorite who was coming off a victory in the Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita, ran last in the field of six. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap