Seam Seeker took command from pacesetter Cinderella Liberty coming into the stretch and went on to score a two-length victory over Crystal Event in the $75,000 Burlingame Handicap at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Ridden by Joey Castro, Seam Seeker won the one-mile contest for 3-year-old fillies in 1:35.81 on a track rated wet-fast.
Seam Seeker, a California-bred daughter of Bertrando, is trained by Ed Moger Jr. and owned by Rancho Santiago. The Burlingame is the first stakes victory for Seam Seeker, who has three wins, a second, and a third in six career starts.
Seam Seeker was the fourth choice in the wagering and paid $9.60 to win. Purchased as a yearling for $38,000, Seam Seeker earned $41,250 for the Burlingame victory and has made $104,235 in her six races.
The Jeff Mullins-conditioned Make Mine Minnie, the 3-to-2 favorite who was coming off a victory in the Blue Norther Stakes at Santa Anita, ran last in the field of six. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards