A yearling filly by Songandaprayer consigned by Beth Bayer, agent, went to Memory of Song Stable for $170,000 to top Thursday's third and final consignor preferred session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's Winter Mixed Sale. The bay filly is out of Janeera, by Tactical Advantage, a half sister to graded stakes winner Maston and stakes winner Night Above. A yearling colt by Tale of the Cat consigned by Moreau Bloodstock Int'l, agent, was sold to C & M Stables for $140,000. The dark bay or brown colt is out of Lemon Twist, by Seeking the Gold, a half sister to graded stakes winner High Strike Zone.For the third consignor preferred session, 174 horses grossed $2,870,500, averaging $16,497 with a $9,000 median price. The buyback percentage was 30.6% and 12 horses sold for $50,000 or more. There were only two consignor preferred sessions in 2005.For the three consignor preferred sessions combined, 533 horses sold for a total of $9,434,400, compared with 373 horses grossing $7,164,800 in two sessions last year. The average price was $17,701 compared with $19,209 in 2005, while the median price was $9,000 compared with $12,000 in 2005. The buyback percentage was 30.6%; it was 31.9% a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet