For the third consecutive year, Adena Springs tops the list of leading individual breeders in North America in 2005 with earnings of $11,672,247, according to statistics released Friday by The Jockey Club Information Systems.Owned by Frank Stronach, Adena Springs bred the winners of 457 races from 2,685 starts and is followed by the late John Franks who bred the winners of 464 races from 4,024 starts for earnings of $9,142,197.
Adena Springs also heads a second breeder list that includes partnerships. Including partnerships, Adena Springs bred the winners of 457 races from 2,697 starts for earnings of $11,675,360. Runner-up was the late John Franks who, alone or in partnership, bred the winners of 485 races from 4,128 starts for earnings of $9,960,875.
Rounding out the list of top 10 individual breeders were: Farnsworth Farms, $8,705,124 (462 wins/3,548 starts); Edward P. Evans, $7,770,437 (140/891); Sez Who Thoroughbreds, $6,744,046 (276/1,864); Brereton C. Jones, $5,405,931 (222/1,516); Live Oak Stud, $4,319,935 (92/560); Juddmonte Farms, $3,973,321 (38/229); Kenneth L. and Sarah K. Ramsey, $3,330,615 (127/800); and Arthur I. Appleton, $3,085,241 (135/859).
Completing the list of top 10 breeders including partnerships were: Farnsworth Farms, $9,788,446 (543 wins/4,226 starts); Edward P. Evans, $7,789,977 (140/897); Sez Who Thoroughbreds, $6,796,273 (280/1,892); W.S. Farish, $5,947,676 (233/1,473); Brereton C. Jones, $5,838,129 (244/1,650); Live Oak Stud, $4,319,935 (no horses bred in partnership); Juddmonte Farms, $3,973,321 (no horses bred in partnership); and Liberation Farm, $3,931,762 (98/667).
The complete lists of the top 100 breeders of 2005 are accessible through Equineline.com
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale