Youbet.com, Inc. announced Monday that its advanced deposit wagering Web site has gained the right to simulcast all of Magna Entertainment Corporation's live horse racing content during the 2006 season.Youbet.com customers can watch and, in most states, wager on a variety of horse racing content available via Youbet.com's website.The broadcasts were made possible when the two companies agreed last Friday to a new one-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed. The agreement allows Youbet to broadcast live races and provide online wagering services to its customers for every meet on the Magna schedule this year.The contract year took effect Monday, Dec. 26, in conjunction with the season-opening meet at Santa Anita Park in southern California. In addition to Santa Anita and Pimlico, Youbet can carry races from Gulfstream Park in Florida, which opens its 2006 meet Jan. 4; and from Lone Star Park in Texas, Laurel Park in Maryland, Thistledown in Ohio, Portland Meadows in Oregon, Great Lakes Downs in Michigan, Remington Park in Oklahoma, and Golden Gate Fields in California, and harness racing from The Meadows in Pennsylvania.
"We're pleased to be able to offer Magna racing content for 2006," said Jeff True, general manager of Youbet's western region. "For our customers it means access to races from some of the best-known brands in the sport. Combined with our other programs, it also means that we can offer the best in racing from Santa Anita and Gulfstream through the Triple Crown and the Breeders' Cup."
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field