Prairie Meadows announced Wednesday that it has approved funds totaling $1,800,783 to be awarded to 142 organizations through its board of directors and grants advisory committee.There were a total of 291 community betterment grant applications to consider. Prairie Meadows will distribute the funds at its facility in Altoona, Iowa, from mid-January through early March 2006. Since 1995, Prairie Meadows has given more than $285 million to promote education, economic development, agriculture, jobs, and tourism in Iowa.The 2006 Prairie Meadows Community Betterment Grant application deadline is Aug. 15. For further information, contact Gina Rooney, community relations administrator.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Chasing Landaluce