The day is the weakest of the four at the December Foal Sale but also saw an opening session record when a Singspiel (Ire) (In The Wings) colt out of Katina (Danzig) was bought for 70,000gns by pinhooker Michael English of the County Tipperary-based Penmarric Stud.
"He was an outstanding individual and the pick of the day. He's got a big future and I think he's an October Part 1 horse for next year," said English of the Stanley House Stud offering.
A colt from the first crop of Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) winner Dubai Destination (Kingmambo) made 60,000gns when bought from the Castlebridge Consignment by agent Mags O'Toole. Eddie O'Leary's Lynn Lodge Stud in County Westmeath will reconsign the youngster.
The sale continues Thursday. COMPARATIVE FIGURES
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY