The day is the weakest of the four at the December Foal Sale but also saw an opening session record when a Singspiel (Ire) (In The Wings) colt out of Katina (Danzig) was bought for 70,000gns by pinhooker Michael English of the County Tipperary-based Penmarric Stud.
"He was an outstanding individual and the pick of the day. He's got a big future and I think he's an October Part 1 horse for next year," said English of the Stanley House Stud offering.
A colt from the first crop of Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) winner Dubai Destination (Kingmambo) made 60,000gns when bought from the Castlebridge Consignment by agent Mags O'Toole. Eddie O'Leary's Lynn Lodge Stud in County Westmeath will reconsign the youngster.
The sale continues Thursday. COMPARATIVE FIGURES
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts