The Todd Pletcher-trained daughter of Distant View finished three-quarters of a length in front of Beau Dare, the 2-1 favorite who established a nine-length lead while racing extremely wide under John McKee. It was a length back to Dyna's Destiny.
J'ray ran 1 1/16 miles on the "good" turf in 1:45.57 and paid $24.80, $8.40 and $6.60. Owned and bred by Lawrence Goichman, she improved her record to 3-2-0-0 and increased her career earnings to $97,245.
"She got a little roughed up on the turn but when I asked her she gave me a great run," said winning jockey Brice Blanc.
Beau Dare, winner of the Kentucky Cup Juvenile Fillies in her last start, returned $3.80 and $3. Dyna's Destiny paid $4.40 to show. It was 3 ¾ lengths back to fourth-place Perilous Pursuit in the field of eight juvenile fillies.
The 5,000th career victory continued to elude jockey Gary Stevens, who finished fifth aboard Ready to Talk. Stevens will miss the final two days of the Keeneland meeting to ride at Belmont Park, site of Saturday's Breeders' Cup.(Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity