"I breezed her a little this morning and she went a half in 51 and change," said trainer Marty Wolfson from his Calder Race Course base in Miami, Fla.
"I always scope her afterward, and she had quite a bit of mucous in there. It doesn't surprise me much, though, because she came out of the cold (two weeks ago at Keeneland) and vanned home to this heat and the weather changes. She would have to be 150 percent to go, but she's only about 90 percent because of this upper respiratory infection."Pampered Princess, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Indian Charlie, has won 13 of 31 career starts with earnings of $718,385, mostly in Florida. Sent north after taking the Draw In by 6 1/2 lengths at Calder Sept.10, she captured the Spinster (gr. I) at Keeneland a month later for her first graded stakes victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists