"I breezed her a little this morning and she went a half in 51 and change," said trainer Marty Wolfson from his Calder Race Course base in Miami, Fla.
"I always scope her afterward, and she had quite a bit of mucous in there. It doesn't surprise me much, though, because she came out of the cold (two weeks ago at Keeneland) and vanned home to this heat and the weather changes. She would have to be 150 percent to go, but she's only about 90 percent because of this upper respiratory infection."Pampered Princess, a Kentucky-bred daughter of Indian Charlie, has won 13 of 31 career starts with earnings of $718,385, mostly in Florida. Sent north after taking the Draw In by 6 1/2 lengths at Calder Sept.10, she captured the Spinster (gr. I) at Keeneland a month later for her first graded stakes victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Akeed Mofeed Takes Hong Kong Cup
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel