Last in the 1 1/16-mile turf test with three-quarters of a mile remaining, the daughter of El Prado launched her bid in the middle of the course under jockey Gary Stevens en route to a narrow victory over Dynamite Lass.
"She overcame my performance," said Stevens. "The inside was very tiring and it was kind of soggy down there. I had to work my way out down the backside and then she overcame my premature move."
Victory Lap finished another 1 3/4 lengths back in third. The time on the course, made yielding by mid-day rain, was 1:45.37.
The winner, who is owned by Martin Schwartz, began her career in France. The win in the Valley View improved Asi Siempre's record to 9-4-2-1 and increased her career earnings to $217,066.
"She ran a big race today," said winning trainer Patrick Biancone. "We're going to run her in the (Mrs. Revere Stakes) at Churchill Downs next and then give her a break. She should have a big year next year."
Asi Siempre paid $2.80, $2.40, and $2.10. Dynamite Lass, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, returned $6.40 and $3.80, and Victory Lap with Robby Albarado aboard paid $3.20.
Elle Runaway, who took the lead briefly in the stretch, finished fourth, followed in order by Beat the Band, Stavinsky's Gal, Sunny Disposition, Insan Mala, and Steel Buns. Golden Locket and Bold Passage were scratched.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta