Michael Wrona will fill in for Trevor Denman as the Oak Tree Racing Association's track announcer at Santa Anita Park Oct. 28-29. Denman will be in New York, fulfilling a network television commitment on NBC with the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships."It's racing's biggest day, and we're looking forward to a big weekend here," said Sherwood Chillingworth, Oak Tree director and executive vice president.A native of Australia, Wrona is currently the regular caller at Golden Gate Fields in the San Francisco Bay Area. He is well known throughout North America, having called races in Texas, Louisiana, Illinois, Arizona, and New Mexico, and at Hollywood Park in Southern California, as well. Denman, a native of South Africa, began at Oak Tree in 1983. Denman will be working his seventeenth Breeders' Cup for NBC.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts