Hurricane Run, impressive winner of France's biggest race, the Lucien Barriere Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), has been ruled out of the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Oct. 29.His disappointed trainer, Andre Fabre, explained: "Hurricane Run coughed last Friday and again over the weekend and will miss his intended engagement in the Breeders' Cup Turf."However, the horse will remain in training next season when the Arc and Breeders' Cup meeting are expected to be his end of season targets again.Owned by Michael Tabor, Hurricane Run won the Irish Derby (Ire-I) and finished second in the French Derby (Fr-I) before taking the Prix Niel (Fr-II) at Longchamp previous to the Arc. Nine of the last 12 winners of the Prix Niel went on to win the Arc.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014