"The generosity of the patrons at Santa Anita Park, the jockeys, and Fred Stone is overwhelming," said Terry Bankston, a Red Cross volunteer since 2001.
"We want to sincerely thank the public for their generosity, and we would like to acknowledge Fred Stone, who put a tremendous amount of work into this project," said Sherwood Chillingworth, Oak Tree director and executive vice president. "Additionally, we'd like to thank all the jockeys who were so generous with their time and effort."
To date, the Arcadia chapter of the American Red Cross has raised $1.3 million for Hurricane Katrina victims, according to Pete Siberell, Santa Anita director of community events.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online