"The generosity of the patrons at Santa Anita Park, the jockeys, and Fred Stone is overwhelming," said Terry Bankston, a Red Cross volunteer since 2001.
"We want to sincerely thank the public for their generosity, and we would like to acknowledge Fred Stone, who put a tremendous amount of work into this project," said Sherwood Chillingworth, Oak Tree director and executive vice president. "Additionally, we'd like to thank all the jockeys who were so generous with their time and effort."
To date, the Arcadia chapter of the American Red Cross has raised $1.3 million for Hurricane Katrina victims, according to Pete Siberell, Santa Anita director of community events.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa