Rumplestiltskin lived up to her royal pedigree when capturing the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday. With the absence of Flashy Wings, Rumplestiltskin was sent off as the heavy favorite. The daughter of Danehill took the lead with a furlong left to go, but had to work hard to hold off the 25-1 Ugo Fire. Ardbrae Lady, a rank outsider at 100-1, finished third.
Aidan O'Brien, trainer of the winner, never seemed too concerned with the outcome. He indicated that the bay filly likes to wait on horses, and tends to pull up when she hits the front. This may be Rumplestiltskin's last start for this season. More than likely, she will be rested for a classic campaign in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses