"The surgery went good, and she is obviously relieved now that it appears successful, she will still need a lot of therapy," said Ore's agent, Mitch Reed. "Zarella had screws put in both sides of her hips and right pelvis. She injured three tips of her spine, but that can be treated with medication."We're looking at six to eight months of recovery time, but she is looking forward to returning to riding. Hopefully we'll make the April meet (in 2006) at Indiana (Downs) or River Downs."Ore is a native of Peru and the niece of the legendary Teobaldo Vega, head instructor of the Jockey School of Peru. She started riding at River Downs Aug. 4 after riding on a limited basis on the at Penn National Race Course and Belmont Park.Ore had won two races from 17 mounts at the River Downs meet.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay