The Jockey Club projects a 2006 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 37,300, a marginal increase over what it estimated for the 2005 registered foal crop.The Jocky Club estimate for last year was 37,200.
The foal crop projection is computed by using Reports of Mares Bred (RMBs) received to date for the 2005 breeding season. RMBs are to be filed by Aug. 1 of each breeding season.
The 37,300 estimate for 2006 represents an increase of 0.3% over the 37,200 registered foals projected for both 2005 and 2004.
Foal registration is to be completed within 12 months of the birth of the foal. However, late registration is available for additional fees, making actual foal crop counts problematic before Dec. 31 of the crop's 2-year-old year, the time by which the vast majority of the foal crop has been registered.
Stallion owners and managers who have not yet submitted their RMBs for the 2005 breeding season can do so through Interactive RegistrationTM (IR), the online service that enables registered users to perform virtually all registration-related activities over the Internet. IR is available at no charge through The Jockey Club's Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record