Reynolds Bell Jr., who has been involved in the Thoroughbred industry for more than 25 years, has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club.Bell fills the position vacated by Stuart S. Janney III at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Bell managed his family's Mill Ridge Farm for 15 years before starting Reynolds Bell Jr. Thoroughbred Services LLC in 1992. He is vice president of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association and has previously served as vice president of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association and president of the Thoroughbred Club of America.
In addition, Bell sits on the board of directors of The Jockey Club Information Systems, Inc. Bell has been a member of The Jockey Club since November 2002.
The Jockey Club also announced that vice chairman William S. Farish and secretary-treasurer James C. Brady have been re-elected to four-year terms as stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says