Puxa Saco Tops Soft Rancho Bernardo
Updated: Saturday, August 20, 2005 2:03 PM
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 8:37 PM
Graded stakes-winning sprinter Puxa Saco heads a field of eight fillies and mares set to go 6 1/2 furlongs Friday in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III).
The 5-year-old Puxa Saco, the 117-pound top weight Friday, was a three-length victor over Tucked Away in the six-furlong Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) June 5 at Hollywood Park.
Richard Rowan owns Puxa Saco, who is and trained by Jenine Sahadi. Puxa Saco has one win, two seconds and a third in six outings this year. She has lifetime earnings of $433,580.
A pair of Bob Baffert trainees – Behaving Badly, undefeated in two lifetime starts, and graded-stakes performer Resplendency – will draw plenty of fan support. Dee Dee's Diner is 6-3-2-0 this year for trainer Ted H. West. $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III), fillies & mares 3 & up, 6 1/2 furlongs
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Freakin Streakin (FL), 114, Corey S. Nakatani
2. Ninadivina (KY), 110, Jon K. Court
3. Mini Skirt (CA), 114, Tyler Baze
4. Behaving Badly (NY), 113, Victor Espinoza
5. Resplendency (KY), 116, Patrick A. Valenzuela
6. Puxa Saco (KY), 117, Mike E. Smith
7. Rinky Dink (AUS), 115, Rene R. Douglas
8. Dee Dee's Diner (CA), 115, Kent J. Desormeaux
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!