Saturday's NTRA National Pick 4 wager, offered in conjunction with the "Emirates Airline Super Saturday" series airing on ABC and ESPN through October, drew an enthusiastic response from fans, with a total handle of $1,162,771 and a payoff of $1,301.60 for each $1 winning ticket.The NTRA National Pick 4, hubbed by the New York Racing Association, had a $400,000 handle guarantee. Bettors were to pick the winners of four graded stakes – the $1 million Arlington Million (gr. IT) and $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT), both from Arlington Park, and the $500,000 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) and the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) from Saratoga.Winners were Pomeroy ($9.40 win payoff for a $2 bet) in the Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap, Angara ($14.80) in the Beverly D., King's Drama ($6.70) in the Sword Dancer Invitational, and Powerscourt ($12.40) in the Arlington Million. The next NTRA National Pick 4 wager will be offered during the Emirates Airline Super Saturday Series Oct. 1 on ESPN. An NTRA National Pick 4 Wager will also be offered in conjunction with NBC's Oct. 8 Breeders' Cup Preview telecast.
Most Popular Stories
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension