Indian Breeze Tops Sorrento Line-Up
Indian Breeze and Hystericalady, both undefeated in two starts, head a field of nine 2-year-old fillies for Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III).The 6 1/2-furlong Sorrento serves as a prep for the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) at seven panels Aug. 27.Indian Breeze, trained by Adam Kitchingman for owner William R. Peeples, won a Hollywood Park maiden special weight event at first asking and then came back to stalk the pace and win the Landaluce Stakes at Hollywood at odds of 7-1.Hystericalady has done her running in Northern California for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, who is also co-owner with Rancho San Miguel and longtime partner George Todaro. She followed her maiden victory with a valiant stretch run that ended in a nose win in the Juan Gonzalez Memorial Stakes at Pleasanton.$150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III), 2 year-old fillies, 6 1/2 furlongs
PP. weight, Jockey
1. Slick Road, 119, Mike Smith
2. Tiger On the Loose, 119, Corey Nakatani
3. Hystericalady, 123, Patrick Valenzuela
4. Diplomat Lady, 119, Garrett Gomez
5. Acceleration, 117, Alex Solis
6. Noriska Number One, 116, Fernando Valenzuela
7. Indian Breeze, 123, Tyler Baze
8. Bully Bones, 119, Rene Douglas
9. I Can See, 117, Kerwin John.
Copyright © 2013 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.