Alan Landsburg was re-elected chairman of the Thoroughbred Owners of California by the board of directors July 22.
Marvin Malmuth was also re-elected to his vice chairmanship. The TOC board added a second vice chair, Mace Siegel. Tom Bachman was re-elected vice president. Martin Bach will serve as treasurer, and Marsha Naify will serve as secretary for the 2005-06 term. "I would like to welcome the three new directors who have joined us," Landsburg said. "They are individuals who have deep and abiding interests in racing and will be vital to our deliberations as we enter a difficult period for California racing." Elected to the board by the membership last month were Naify, B. Wayne Hughes, and Jess Jackson.
Landsburg replaced two-term chairman Jack Owens, who stepped down last year to devote more time to his business interests. Bach was appointed to fill the vacant seat created by Owens' resignation.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice