Alan Landsburg was re-elected chairman of the Thoroughbred Owners of California by the board of directors July 22.
Marvin Malmuth was also re-elected to his vice chairmanship. The TOC board added a second vice chair, Mace Siegel. Tom Bachman was re-elected vice president. Martin Bach will serve as treasurer, and Marsha Naify will serve as secretary for the 2005-06 term. "I would like to welcome the three new directors who have joined us," Landsburg said. "They are individuals who have deep and abiding interests in racing and will be vital to our deliberations as we enter a difficult period for California racing." Elected to the board by the membership last month were Naify, B. Wayne Hughes, and Jess Jackson.
Landsburg replaced two-term chairman Jack Owens, who stepped down last year to devote more time to his business interests. Bach was appointed to fill the vacant seat created by Owens' resignation.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase