With a trip to California for Saturday's Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) scrubbed because of a minor eye problem, trainer Murray Johnson has listed the $300,000-added Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) at Arlington Park as the next start for veteran star Perfect Drift.
Johnson said a small ulcer in the eye of the 6-year-old gelded son of Dynaformer is not a major problem, but could have complicated his trip to Hollywood Park.
"It's just a little problem, but we didn't really want to end up on the other side of the country and have it flare up," said Johnson. "We'll just take care of it. It's doing really well. He'll work on Saturday and we'll point toward the Washington Park."
Perfect Drift won the Washington Park Handicap by five lengths in 2003, but did not run in last year's renewal. He finished third to Saint Liam in his most recent start, the $750,000-added Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I), a race Johnson's star won in 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab