Fourteen sprinters will be in search of their first grade I triumph in the $350,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap at seven furlongs Sunday at Hollywood Park.
The race is considered so wide open that the morning line favorite, McCann's Mojave, is listed at odds of 4-1.
Owned by Alix Nikki Hunt and Mike Willman, McCann's Mohave won his first start for new trainer Paddy Gallagher in stylish fashion when taking the June 11 Ack Ack Handicap by 1 1/2 lengths to end a four-race skid after winning five of his first six starts.
Second choice at 5-1 in the bulky field is 118-pound high weight Forest Grove, winner of the Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs on May 14. Jon Court will ride.
Also set for the Triple Bend are Harvard Avenue, winner of the Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita earlier this year, and Saint Afleet, who captured the Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II), also at Santa Anita.$350,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap (gr. I, Race 9, 4:25 p.m.), 3 & up, 7 furlongs
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. Roi Charmant (KY), Victor Espinoza, 115, 20/1
2. Saint Buddy (FL), Rene R. Douglas, 114, 20/1
3. Forest Grove (KY), Jon K. Court, 118, 5/1
4. Taste of Paradise (KY), Alex O. Solis, 116, 15/1
5. Harvard Avenue (KY), Garrett K. Gomez, 117, 10/1
6. Tsigane (FR), David R. Flores, 115, 15/1
7. Saint Afleet (FL), Patrick A. Valenzuela, 116, 15/1
8. Mass Media (KY), John R. Velazquez, 116, 8/1
9. Areyoutalkintome (CA), Tyler Baze, 117, 6/1
10. Bear in the Woods (KY), Alex Bisono, 112, 30/1
11. St Averil (KY), Kent J. Desormeaux, 114, 15/1
12. McCann's Mojave (CA), Jose Valdivia, Jr., 117, 4/1
13. Ender's Shadow (KY), Gary L. Stevens, 116, 15/1
14. Unfurl the Flag (CA), Corey S. Nakatani, 115, 6/1