Both McCarron and trainer Jay Robbins were pleased with the drill after the 4-year-old Cee's Tizzy colt lost as the odds-on favorite to Wooden Phone in the Strub Stakes."He was hard to pull up and galloped out strong as usual," McCarron said. "That's always a good sign, a real good sign."
The Breeders' Cup Classic winner is pointed to the March 3 Santa Anita Handicap but Robbins said the final decision won't be made until weights are assigned. "It depends on the weights," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile