Both McCarron and trainer Jay Robbins were pleased with the drill after the 4-year-old Cee's Tizzy colt lost as the odds-on favorite to Wooden Phone in the Strub Stakes."He was hard to pull up and galloped out strong as usual," McCarron said. "That's always a good sign, a real good sign."
The Breeders' Cup Classic winner is pointed to the March 3 Santa Anita Handicap but Robbins said the final decision won't be made until weights are assigned. "It depends on the weights," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule