Michael Pitt of New South Wales bought her.New South Wales-based Reavill Farm, a high end of town broodmare farm, went to $370,000 for the mare Coliape from Stuart Ramsey's Turranga Farm draft. Initially Coliape (Woodman--Rose Reward) was not sold but behind the scenes negotiations saw her sell to Reavill. She was in foal to Redoute's Choice and that foal will be closely related to boom 3-year-old Lotteria.One of the day's shocks was Royston Stud's obvious new direction now that Shawn Kelly has taken over the reigns from his recently deceased father. Royston Stud signed the ticket for Speedy Kids (Snippets--Mia Lisa) who was a strong group III winner as a racehorse and who was in foal to the sire of Smarty Jones , Elusive Quality .Speedy Kids has a weanling by Redoute's Choice coming through to help the mare. The farm has not played at this level previously.
Coolmore's Encosta de Lago was a big player on day three again. The mare Back Pass in foal to him on day two reached $650,000, and here on day three, he had another mare in foal to him reach high into the stratosphere. Pace Invader, a New Zealand bred multiple group one winner was bought by rival sales company Inglis for $660,000.And rounding out the big sales on the day was Mascara Magic, a Citidancer--Serene City mare, also bred in New Zealand, who fetched $300,000 carrying a foal by Redoute's Choice.
Day four of the broodmare sale continues on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder