Trainer D. Wayne Lukas is hoping for good weather and a fast track after Surfside's third place finish as the odds-on favorite in her last start on a "wet-fast" track. Sunday's forecast calls for a 40 percent chance of rain.Regular rider Pat Day will be in the irons. Surfside will carry the high weight of 121 pounds. Lukas has hinted that his filly may be pointed to the Big 'Cap if Surfside wins on Sunday.
Also entered in the $200,000 Santa Maria are: Speaking of Time, Matt Garcia; Follow the Money, David Flores; Cookin Vickie, Garrett Gomez; Feverish, Eddie Delahoussaye; Lovellon, Gary Stevens; Critikola, Laffit Pincay Jr.; and Miss of Wales, Victor Espinoza.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards