Trainer D. Wayne Lukas is hoping for good weather and a fast track after Surfside's third place finish as the odds-on favorite in her last start on a "wet-fast" track. Sunday's forecast calls for a 40 percent chance of rain.Regular rider Pat Day will be in the irons. Surfside will carry the high weight of 121 pounds. Lukas has hinted that his filly may be pointed to the Big 'Cap if Surfside wins on Sunday.
Also entered in the $200,000 Santa Maria are: Speaking of Time, Matt Garcia; Follow the Money, David Flores; Cookin Vickie, Garrett Gomez; Feverish, Eddie Delahoussaye; Lovellon, Gary Stevens; Critikola, Laffit Pincay Jr.; and Miss of Wales, Victor Espinoza.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale