Argent Mortgage Company, presenting sponsor of Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), will share the winning spirit throughout the day's 13-race card with a $1,000 donation to the Belmont Child Care Association on behalf of the winner of each of the day's races. By day's end, "Argent Mortgage's Fastest Finish Award" will have contributed $13,000 to the BCCA's Anna House.Anna House is an on-site child-care center for the benefit of working families at New York-area racetracks. It is operated by the BCCA, which was founded in 1988 to provide scholarship funds for those unable to afford the cost of quality childcare. BCCA's Anna House is located at the Belmont Park racetrack. It is the first on-site child-care center at a racetrack in the U.S. for backstretch workers."The Belmont Child Care Association has been such a heartwarming success story for all of us here at Belmont Park and it is a great gesture by Argent Mortgage to make this donation," said Bill Nader, senior vice president of the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet