From The Jockey Club
Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association chairman, Stuart S. Janney III, has joined the Board of Stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by Dr. A. Gary Lavin at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Janney, a Member of The Jockey Club since 1992 and a Steward from 1996 to 2000, is chairman of Bessemer Trust Company and of Bessemer Securities Corporation. A longtime owner-breeder, Janney serves on the Board of Directors of Maryland Million Ltd. and is a Member of Breeders' Cup Ltd. and the Keeneland Association.
In a related note, Jockey Club vice chairman, William S. Farish, and secretary-treasurer, James C. Brady, have been re-elected to four-year terms as stewards of the non-profit Thoroughbred breed registry.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru