From The Jockey Club
Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association chairman, Stuart S. Janney III, has joined the Board of Stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by Dr. A. Gary Lavin at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Janney, a Member of The Jockey Club since 1992 and a Steward from 1996 to 2000, is chairman of Bessemer Trust Company and of Bessemer Securities Corporation. A longtime owner-breeder, Janney serves on the Board of Directors of Maryland Million Ltd. and is a Member of Breeders' Cup Ltd. and the Keeneland Association.
In a related note, Jockey Club vice chairman, William S. Farish, and secretary-treasurer, James C. Brady, have been re-elected to four-year terms as stewards of the non-profit Thoroughbred breed registry.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North