Celebrating the opening of the new Blackhorse Grille in Del Mar, restaurateur Sami Ladeki is joining forces with Rancho Santa Fe volunteers from the United Pegasus Foundation to raise funds in support of the horse rescue operation.
"Pegasus Week" kicks off May 22, with a reception and silent auction from 5 to 8 p.m. at Blackhorse Grille. Tickets cost $45 and include a generous sampling of the restaurant's new cuisine as well as wine and beer. Animal lovers can further support this cause by enjoying lunch at Blackhorse Grille from May 22-28, when a portion of lunch sales will benefit UPF.UPF rescues horses from drug farms and feed lots in Canada and transports them to local ranches. Volunteers teach the horses to trust humans, treat medical conditions as necessary and work to find each one a loving, healthy home. UPF also provides rehabilitation and adoption services for retired Thoroughbreds.
"We're pleased to spread the word about the wonderful things our local Rancho Santa Fe volunteers do for these amazing animals," said Ladeki. "We hope the community will join us in supporting the cause by participating in Pegasus Week." Tickets for the reception/auction are $45. Capacity is limited to 250 guests. Blackhorse Grille is located at 3702 Via de la Valle in Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff