Beulah Park closed out its 2005 spring meeting with big on-track business increases on the final weekend.A total of $1,503,885 was wagered last Friday and Saturday, compared to a total pari-mutuel handle of $1,218,312 a year ago on the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and Derby days. The Kentucky Derby (gr. I) was also run on closing day in 2004."To close out our live spring session with such strong increases is very encouraging for us," said Mike Weiss, general manager of Beulah Park. "We have had a tough winter with bad weather hitting us almost every weekend. Closing weekend had nice weather, big crowds, and lots of fun."Ohio experienced the most snowfall ever recorded for the 2004-05 winter.The average per-day handle for Friday and Saturday this year showed a 23.4% increase or total two-day difference of $285,573 in 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce