Famous racehorses including Castledale, El Prado, Kingmambo, Louis Quatorze, Mineshaft, Southern Image, Wimbledon and others created these original paintings, which can be viewed on eBay throughout Derby week. The auctions end Monday evening, May 9.
"Moneighs" are trademarked by ReRun, Inc and are created by the mouth, nose, hooves and tails of famous racehorses using non-toxic watercolors. Each painting is matted and framed with a customized brass name plate. Additionally, winning bidders will receive a photo featuring their one-of-a-kind Moneigh next to the racehorse that created it.
Stallion farms, owners and trainers across the country have joined forces with ReRun, hoping to raise awareness for Thoroughbred adoption.
"Our Moneigh program allows those more fortunate, famous racehorses the opportunity to support their less fortunate friends," said ReRun executive director Laurie Condurso-Lane. "We're so lucky to have the support of so many in the industry and grateful to those that have supported us along the way."
To view the Moneighs currently available on eBay, please search using keyword Moneigh.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award