Youbet.com and CBS SportsLine.com announced an agreement May 3 making Youbet the exclusive horseracing content provider for the Internet sports media Web site.Youbet CEO Charles F. Champion said the move is part of the Internet account wagering company's strategy to attract a broader fan base to benefit racing."Our industry needs to find a younger generation of fans by reaching out to them," Champion said. He said the 21-40 year old age group can be found on the Internet, "many of them at Sportsline.com surfing for fast-paced interactive and entertaining ways to get involved with sports."Youbet will provide CBS SportsLine.com with program content in three phases during the next six months. In time for the Kentucky Derby, Youbet will furnish live racing audio/visual, a Triple Crown Watch page and a $100,000 Kentucky Derby Pick 12 contest. Other programs will be delivered for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park in October."As their exclusive horse racing content provide, Youbet's products and services will gain tremendous exposure to CBS SportsLine.com's massive audience through advertising and promotion programs," Champion said. "As important, the sport is likely to garner greater levels of interest as even more young, tech-savvy sports enthusiasts catch on."
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Chasing Landaluce
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points