Taking advantage of the sunny, dry conditions at Churchill Downs, Thursday's work tab was busy, with five contenders for the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) breezing over the fast track.First out was Lewis Lakin's Greater Good, the Rebel Stakes (gr. III) winner who breezed six furlongs under jockey John McKee. The son of Intidab was timed in 1:17 2/5 over the fast track, with fractions of :13 , :26, :39, :51, and 1:04 1/5. The bay ridgling was timed in 1:31 in galloping out seven furlongs.Rank in the early going, Greater Good settled into the workout, while in company with stablemate River Mountain Rd."He was a little rank early," said trainer Bob Holthus. "We wanted him to break two or three lengths behind River Mountain Rd, but they broke together. It was not the way we planned, but he settled in and finished well."Greater Good, who has won three of five starts and earned $466,275, is scheduled to work a half-mile next Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown