The 5-year-old gelding logged an easy half-mile in :49 4/5 with regular exercise rider Amy Mullins aboard on Santa Anita Park's fast main track.
"He just breezed a little," Mullins said. "I just wanted to let him stretch his legs. I'm not sure when he'll be back, maybe at Del Mar. Maybe in time for (the San Diego)."
Choctaw Nation, who was claimed for $40,000 out of his first start more than a year ago, has won four of seven starts for Bone, including the San Diego, and has banked $910,800, of which $600,000 was earned in his Dubai World Cup performance. Overall, the son of Louis Quatorze carries a career line of 8-5-0-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win