Chief Planner worked five furlongs in :59 2/5 on Santa Anita Park's fast main track Tuesday.
"We're just working on getting him back," Baffert said. "He had two soft-tissue injures. He didn't have to have any surgery."
Chief Planner, a nearly black son of the recently pensioned General Meeting and the Fappiano mare Flag of Freedom, has never finished worse than third in seven career starts, racking up a line of 2-3-2 and earnings of $267,796. In addition to winning the Snow Chief, Chief Planner finished second in the 2002 edition of the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) and third in that year's Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) and Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field