Chief Planner worked five furlongs in :59 2/5 on Santa Anita Park's fast main track Tuesday.
"We're just working on getting him back," Baffert said. "He had two soft-tissue injures. He didn't have to have any surgery."
Chief Planner, a nearly black son of the recently pensioned General Meeting and the Fappiano mare Flag of Freedom, has never finished worse than third in seven career starts, racking up a line of 2-3-2 and earnings of $267,796. In addition to winning the Snow Chief, Chief Planner finished second in the 2002 edition of the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) and third in that year's Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) and Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win