Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, who suffered a knee injury when unseated following the start of the fourth race at Hollywood Park April 22 and has not ridden since, will rest his aching knee until Saturday, agent Ronnie Ebanks said Wednesday.Ebanks said Valenzuela saw a specialist, Dr. James Tibone, on Monday."Everything is clean, but he's still sore and is going to take a few more days off. He's getting physical therapy."Valenzuela has taken calls on King of Happiness in the $100,000-added Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday and Short Route in the $100,000-added Railbird Stakes (gr. III) Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures