"Today we are one step closer to ensuring that New Jersey racing will receive the support it needs to survive," said Bud Keegan, president of the NJTHAThe bill will be merged with its Assembly counterpart in the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee and is scheduled to be heard on Feb. 26. It then is expected to pass the Senate in March and be signed into law by Gov. Donald DiFrancesco. When passed, the supplement will boost purses at the upcoming Monmouth Park and Meadowlands meetings to nearly $300,000 per day.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- Instant Racing Measure Advances in Nebraska
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap