Robert and Beverly Lewis' Going Wild, runner-up in the Santa Catalina (gr. II) and winner of the Sham Stakes at Santa Anita, tuned up for a run in Saturday's $325,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland with a five furlong work on Monday at Churchill Downs.The 3-year-old son of Golden Missile breezed in 1:01.20 over a "fast" track for four-time Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winning trainer D. Wayne Lukas. The move ranked as the third fastest of 29 at the distance.Going Wild finished last, beaten 41 lengths by likely Derby favorite Bellamy Road, in the Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct on April 9, needs a strong effort in the Coolmore Lexington to ensure a spot in the starting gate for Kentucky Derby 131. He has a career record of 3-3-1 in eight races with earnings of $219,920 -- but the colt has earned only $47,500 of that total in graded stakes company, ranking him 22nd on the list of Derby probables as of Monday, April 18. If more than the maximum of 20 horses should enter the Kentucky Derby, preference is given to horses with the highest total earnings in graded stakes races.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay