Youbet.com, Inc. announced Monday that Roger H. Licht, former chairman of the California Horse Racing Board and a prominent horse racing legal expert, has agreed to become a member of the company's independent wagering compliance committee.Licht, who served on the CHRB for three years and was chairman in 2003, is credited with expediting the initiation of advanced deposit wagering in California, a move that has since helped to boost fan interest in the state's horse racing products. Licht, an active owner, breeder, fan and student of thoroughbred race horses, also served on CHRB's Simulcasting Committee."Roger is a horseman with extensive regulatory and legal experience who also has a comprehensive understanding of ADW and publicly held companies," said Youbet CEO Charles F. Champion. "We are very fortunate to have a man of Roger's stature on our committee and we are looking forward to learning from his unique insights on the sport and the business." "Youbet has a very progressive and transparent approach to compliance," Licht said, "I am excited about serving on their independent committee."
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55