Keeneland set a single-day mark for on-track handle when a record crowd wagered $3,599,648 on Saturday's Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) program.
An all-time record 33,621 people wagered $2,902,234 on 10-races at Keeneland, and an additional $697,414 on racing imported from 10 tracks from around the country.
The previous record handle was $3,516,621, set on Toyota Blue Grass Day in 2002. The previous record attendance was 31,028, set on April 17, 2004.
Betting from all sources Saturday totaled $16,667,487, the second highest in Keeneland history. A total of $13,067,839 was wagered at off-track sites, including those in Kentucky.
The all-time single-day record from all sources is $17,076,993, set on Toyota Blue Grass Day in 2001.
Wagering on the inaugural Premier Pick 4, a national wager combining two races at Keeneland and two races at Oaklawn Park, totaled $726,194. The winning $2 combination paid $2,532.80.
Most Popular Stories
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired