With the binge, Valenzuela all but wrapped up his second Santa Anita riding title. He has 63 wins to 55 for runner-up Tyler Baze with four racing days remaining in the 85-day winter/spring meeting that ends Monday. Valenzuela won the second race on Swiss Lady, the third aboard Agata and the fifth with Leo Getz.
Dreams Come True, a 4-year-old French-bred daughter of Zafonic trained by Bobby Frankel, lagged some 15 lengths behind at the half-mile marker in the 1 1/8-mile turf race. She picked up her field leaving the far turn, rallied wide into the stretch, and defeated Emmas Princess and Alex Solis to win by a half-length. The winner paid $4.20.
The 42-year-old Valenzuela won the Santa Anita title in 2002-03 with 94 wins.(Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch