Grade I winner Sharp Lisa, expected to be one of the favorites, was forced to scratch from Saturday's Ashland (gr. I) at Keeneland due to a bruised hind hoof.
"She evidently kicked the wall," said trainer Doug O'Neill Saturday morning. "It seems like she just bruised her left hind foot, but we'll know more in the morning."
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online