Officials with Dubai-based Godolphin have notified Churchill Downs that Blues and Royals, winner of the $2 million UAE Derby (UAE-II), would arrive in Kentucky on April 25 for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Blues and Royals will make his first Kentucky stop at Keeneland, where he will go through quarantine procedures required for horses that enter the United States from abroad. If the colt clears quarantine as expected, he would likely arrive at Churchill Downs following a van ride from the Lexington track on April 27. The Saeed bin Suroor-trained son of Honour and Glory is scheduled to be the first Godolphin contender to bid for the Kentucky Derby's roses since 2002, when Essence of Dubai finished ninth. Godolphin has participated in four Kentucky Derbys, with a sixth-place finish by China Visit in 2000 being the stable's best finish to date.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks