Bobby Frankel's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) contender Lundy's Liability, winner of the UAE Derby (UAE-II) last year while trained by Mike De Kock, finally arrived in Dubai Tuesday morning after a delayed flight, having been due to arrive Monday night.Arriving nine days after the rest of the American challengers, Lundy's Liability was accompanied on the flight by the trainer's UAE Derby hope Marenostrum.
"They just got here, but they look good," said Jose Cuevas, Frankel's assistant.A dual grade II winner, Lundy's Liability will not be allowed on the track until Thursday due to quarantine regulations. He has done all his serious work at home, so that is not going to be too much of a problem – and he has success over the Nad Al Sheba track.Marenostrum, a group I winner in his native Brazil, will only be making his fourth career start when he lines up in the UAE Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit