Two talented Bay Area 3-year-olds, Lost In The Fog and Stellar Magic, had workouts Sunday morning in preparation for their next major assignments.
Lost In The Fog, who is undefeated in three starts, worked five furlongs at Golden Gate Fields in a sizzling :58 1/5 on a track rated wet-fast. Hall of Famer Russell Baze was aboard for the work.
"You've got to make him do a bit or he's not going to get anything out of it," said Baze. "He did just what we wanted him to do. He showed a little more zip early, relaxed around the turn and finished strong."
Lost In The Fog will be flown to Florida Tuesday and run in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park on Saturday. Trained by Greg Gilchrist and owned by Harry J. Aleo, Lost In The Fog won the $250,000 Ocala Stud Dash at Gulfstream Park in his most recent race on Jan. 29.
Stellar Magic, the winner of the $100,000 San Mateo Mile, worked six furlongs at Bay Meadows in a leisurely 1:17 2/5 on a track rated good. Jockey Dennis Carr was aboard the Brian Pitnick-trained Stellar Magic, who finished his final three furlongs in a solid :36 1/5.
"I never asked him to do anything," said Carr. "I just let him come home."
"We were just trying to get a little air in his lungs," said Pitnick.
Stellar Magic has won three of his four career races and will make his next start in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Bay Meadows on March 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick