Philip and Marcia Cohen's Closing Argument (by Successsful Appeal), winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 5, "worked great" at Palm Meadows Monday morning, according to trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, speaking shortly after the half-mile move.
"I got him going in :49 2/5 which was just what we wanted," McLaughlin said, "because he did the first part in something like :25 2/5 and came home real nicely the last quarter."McLaughlin said Closing Argument would be trained up to the grade II Fountain of Youth on March 5 and "see how he does," but added that the April 2 Florida Derby (gr. I) is the main objective.Meanwhile, Michael Tabor Derrick Smith's undefeated Bandini (By Fusaichi Pegasus ) breezed five-eighths of a mile in 1:02.60 at Palm Meadows on Sunday in preparation for the Fountain of Youth.Trainer Todd Pletcher said he would send Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) winner Proud Accolade (Yes It's True ) to New Orleans for the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) and that Vicarage is a possibility for the grade III Swale Stakes on the Fountain of Youth card.Viscarage (Vicar) breezed a half-mile in :49.20 Sunday at Palm Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali